Tampa Union Station was designed by famed rail station Architect Joseph Leitner and opened for service on May 15, 1912. The station was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1974 and received local landmark status from the City of Tampa. In 1984 the station was closed to passengers, only to be completely restored and re-opened in 1998. Specialized is proud to have worked as part of the team completing the 4-million-dollar preservation of this one-of-a-kind facility. In 2020, Specialized was called in once again to perform specific work on a set of original entry doors. The doors were removed, photographed, and rebuilt to the same specifications as the original doors using Accoya wood. Each door is 9’h x 4’w and weigh approximately 300 lbs.